About this collection
The Historic West End Oral History collection contains the oral history interviews and transcripts from talks with the residents of neighborhoods in the Historic West End setion of Charlotte, North Carolina. Residents discuss -
- living in the segregated South and going through desegregation
- how life was growing up and/or living in Charlotte in the '50's through now
- the residents' biography
- feelings on gentrification in their neighborhoods
- views about the future of their neighborhoods
- memorable quotes from each resident
Archives LibGuide - gives more general information for reaching us, resources for conducting genealogy research on African Americans in the South.
Archives General Tour slideshow - learn about the history of the Inez Moore Parker Archives, its holdings and how we can work with you.
Archives Collections Tour slideshow – learn about our collections, highlights by years and how to use our finding aids. Also see pictures of our Archive spaces in the library.
Digital Smith – online home of the Archives' digital collections
Online Information Request Form